Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Standby ACT

Quiksilver2007Quiksilver2007 Posts: 195Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2007 in ACT Preparation
Has anyone successfully/unsuccessfully done ACT standby testing? Do we know if they send extra materials for this purpose always? thanks!
Post edited by Quiksilver2007 on

Replies to: Standby ACT

• Mrs. FergusonMrs. Ferguson Posts: 723Registered User Member
    They do send extra materials. Standby testers are usually let in after testers who are registered for a different test date or test center and want to switch (see ACT's FAQ). So you might have a better chance of getting in if you register for a later test date and change test dates (it apparently costs the same as standby). But then if you don't get in, you've paid already and can't get a refund.
  • marissa120marissa120 Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    I've done standby a couple of times. I usually select a college or community college site. They tend to have more open seats. Neither place had the paperwork. Pick up a registration packet at your school ahead of time and fill it out. I had to race across campus, find an open building, and fill out paperwork before they started the test.
  • Mrs. FergusonMrs. Ferguson Posts: 723Registered User Member
    I assumed "extra materials" meant test books etc. You still have to bring your completed registration form like they instruct on this other FAQ.