Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Best AP Classes?

gclaudsgclauds Posts: 199Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2012 in AP Tests Preparation
Which classes would you recommend for senior year? These are all the ones I am offered to take.
(already took AP US History, AP Art History)

Also, I don't want to overload myself; however, I want to take the classes I need to get into USC, UCLA, UCs. etc.

*AP Environmental Science
*AP Biology
*AP Government/AP Economics
*AP English Lit&Comp
*AP Spanish 9-10
*AP Statistics
Post edited by gclauds on

Replies to: Best AP Classes?

• dirkslam41dirkslam41 Posts: 732Registered User Member
    Eng govt econ span Calc

Sent from my Desire HD using CC
  • thunder1thunder1 Posts: 119Registered User Junior Member
    In actually preparing yourself for college (not just getting in) it might be good to take a variety, such as Bio, English, and Spanish so you can get used to a high level of work in different areas. Especially in bio, learning to do college level labs is helpful if you want to major in a science.
  • Mariecc1Mariecc1 Posts: 183Registered User Junior Member
    I agree with thunder1. Of all the AP classes you have listed, I personally think that the most useful would be Stats, Lit., and Gov./Econ. I wish I'd taken stats in high school, because it's so important to understand how numbers and percentages can be manipulated. As for AP Lit., it's always a good idea to hone your writing skills, and the ability to write well will serve you throughout college. Of course, you may have a different academic track in mind, so these are just my two cents. :)
  • microphakia976microphakia976 Posts: 806Registered User Member
    ap psychology, because its really easy.....
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus Posts: 35,558Registered User Senior Member
    No calculus AB or BC?

Check the AP credit lists for each of the universities you are considering to see which ones are most useful for subject credit.