Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

AP Statistics...Self-Study?

mrchipmunk90mrchipmunk90 Posts: 639Registered User Member
edited December 2007 in AP Tests Preparation
How difficult is the AP Statistics exam for self-study? I am going to be taking a statistics course at the local community college in the spring semester. Could this, in addition to self study, be enough to do well on the exam?
Post edited by mrchipmunk90 on

Replies to: AP Statistics...Self-Study?

• googol123googol123 Posts: 171Registered User Junior Member
    Yes. It's not the easiest AP, but not that hard either.
  • luciditylucidity Posts: 247Registered User Junior Member
    I actually found it easier to understand stats by learning it on my own than listening to the teacher during class, so I basically studied it myself ... I would say it would be pretty easy to self study. The Barrons is pretty comprehensive if you want to use that for self study.

I didn't self study, but I heard about people self studying and making 5s on stats before. It was my easiest class last year as well.
  • sf49roxsf49rox Posts: 213Registered User Junior Member
    stats is a joke. i got a 5 by only reading the princeton review...i did take the class - but its easier to read it by yourself than listening to the teacher for stats