Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Should I take AP Studio Art?

lax8294lax8294 Posts: 45Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2013 in Arts
I got accepted to take AP Studio Art next year as a junior, and I am wondering if it will help in college admissions (I'm planning to become an engineer). I have a natural gift in art, but I am certainly not the best because I don't put any time into it. Will the class require immense amount of time outside of class? And is it worth it to take the class in addition to a very difficult course load?
Post edited by lax8294 on

Replies to: Should I take AP Studio Art?

• SleepingAwaySleepingAway Posts: 73Registered User Junior Member
    It is your choice. Art can be fun and/or tedious, so if you want to have a more free-style, less structured class while getting an AP credit then you should take it

Personally, I was in a similar situation when it came to taking IB Art, I've never taken a pervious high school art course but I loved art when I was younger (even though I stopped for a long period of time), and the class is pretty fun, it is challenging because it does lack structure and require your own imagination/ideas, and I do not regret taking it