Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Physical Science vs. Biological Science

jakelocker4prezjakelocker4prez Posts: 68Registered User Junior Member
edited October 2010 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
I'm filling out my Cal Poly app and I'm confused on how to categorize my science classes. I have taken: Honors Biology, Chemistry, AP Biology, Physics and Marine Science. I am currently taking AP Environmental Science.

I need help grouping them. Also, I took Honors Biology in 8th grade because I was a year ahead in science but in the science part, there isn't an option for 8th grade. What should I do?

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by jakelocker4prez on

Replies to: Physical Science vs. Biological Science

• Socal70Socal70 Posts: 326Registered User Member
    You don't include 8th grade courses unless it was a language(spanish, french, german, etc) or algebra math.
  • jakelocker4prezjakelocker4prez Posts: 68Registered User Junior Member
    Alright. So how do I categorize the rest of my classes?
  • csfmapcsfmap Posts: 257Registered User Junior Member
    Biological sciences = AP Biology, AP Environmental Science and Marine Science
    Physical sciences = AP Chem and Physics

definition of physical science
    n.
    Any of the sciences, such as physics, chemistry, astronomy, and geology, that analyze the nature and properties of energy and nonliving matter.

Simplified, Biology is the study of life.

Good luck on your college applications.
    Thank you so much!
  • eduparenteduparent Posts: 105Registered User Junior Member
    Might you call Cal Poly Admissions and ask how your 8th grade honors A-G course is reported? It won't count toward your GPA but it's worth a try if it shows Cal Poly all the honors & AP science classes you took? The worst that could happen is Admissions saying no, it's not necessary to report the 8th grade science.
    I'll try that. Thanks for the advice!