Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Grade Forgiveness?

AHN1245AHN1245 Posts: 147Registered User Junior Member
edited June 2010 in College Admissions
Okay so, my sophomore year was in general a bad year. I ended up with 2 C's (Geometry and Chemistry) for the semester. I bumped them up to B's for the second semester after realizing that I was an idiot. My state (FL) offers an online program to take extra classes or for grade forgiveness. However, I don't go to a public school so my school won't automatically factor the A (I'm just assuming I'll get an A. They're supposed to be stupidly easy) into my GPA but they will send the new grade report along with my transcripts.

Do you think colleges will recognize the A instead of the C?

I'm not applying to anywhere crazy like HYPS. My reaches are NYU, Richmond, and Wake Forest. Right now my GPA is uw 3.5ish and weighted 3.93

Let me know if you've done this before or have heard anything about it! Thanks (:
Post edited by AHN1245 on

Replies to: Grade Forgiveness?

• kiterunner18kiterunner18 Posts: 1,394Registered User Senior Member
    I don't have experience with this, but I think colleges will recognize that you took the initiative to take the classes over.