Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How Do U Make Hickeys Go Away Faster??????

jeparlefrancaisjeparlefrancais Posts: 267Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2006 in College Life
omg help a girl out
Post edited by jeparlefrancais on

Replies to: How Do U Make Hickeys Go Away Faster??????

• korinfoxkorinfox Posts: 154Registered User Junior Member
    make so many hickeys that your whole neck is red and you can say it's a skin condition like a sun burn....

Really the only way is time to let the bruises heal, and concealer.
  • jeparlefrancaisjeparlefrancais Posts: 267Registered User Junior Member
    oh great...well, if theyre not that terrible looking...how long u think it'll take?
  • we're_going_down_swingingwe're_going_down_swinging Posts: 418Registered User Member
    ^ a couple of days

oh man, awhile ago one of my friends was like, "I heard that it goes away faster if you brush it with a hair brush. That makes sense bc, if you think about it, a hickey is just all of the skin sucked together...so you gotta brush it out." ahahaha yeah it was probably one of the stupidest things that I've ever heard but I loved it
  • MacTech92MacTech92 Posts: 759Registered User Member
    Maybe try aloe vera? It works on other irritated skin.
  • jimbob1225jimbob1225 Posts: 3,457Registered User Senior Member
    makeup sounds like a good plan. also try a bandaid and say you burned yourself with a hair straightener or something
  • charm707charm707 Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    Yeah, make-up helps a lot. Some people say a cold spoon, but I don't think it really works.
  • bendrumfrontbendrumfront Posts: 2,090Registered User Senior Member
    wear a turtle neck and keep vampires away from your neck for 8 days.
    try wearing cloves of garlic around your neck the next time someone comes at your neck with puckered lips
  • jeparlefrancaisjeparlefrancais Posts: 267Registered User Junior Member
    hahahaha vampires... i like the hair straightener burn idea
  • kk06kk06 Posts: 554Registered User Member
    the cold spoon deal only works to take the 'red' out when a hickey is fresh...and is very temporary.
  • ariesathenaariesathena Posts: 4,986Registered User Senior Member
    Try green concealer, then cover the green with normal concealer.

The upside is that it really covers anything that might be wrong with you. The downside is that it can look like you tried to concealer over a bruise - and it looks like your boyfriend is beating you, not kissing you...

...which is why I recommend the time-tested method of wearing a silk scarf around one's neck.
  • TiberiusTiberius Posts: 597Registered User Member
    Post a picture so that we may examine it.
  • SpanksSpanks Posts: 3,612Registered User Senior Member
    ^ creepy

at sleepaway camp people used to wet an aspirin and rub it on them..apparently it works
  • PongoPongo Posts: 1,069Registered User Member
    massaging bruises helps them go away faster, really,. it breaks up the blood vessels...or something.

haha yesterday my friend got two huge ones, one on each side of her neck. so classy.
  • jimbob1225jimbob1225 Posts: 3,457Registered User Senior Member
    so, makeup, bandaid, rubbing (it doesn't matter what you rub it with--people say aspirin, erasers, etc). i've also heard that applying a heated cloth makes it go away.
  • chriscapchriscap Posts: 567Registered User Member
    Wear A Scarf.