Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

NYU POLY or WPI ??? HELP!

wvikingwviking Posts: 13Registered User New Member
edited May 2009 in College Life
I visited both NYU POLY and Worcester Polytechnic Institute. NYU POLY's work seems rigorous, so does WPI's. But WPI's work has a little hint of fun to it ( or atleast they seem like it). I want to pursue a degree in Engineering. Both of them are well known for their engineering programs. The social lives for both the schools seems very very poor. For NYU POLY it destroys the whole purpose of being close to the city, if you are working alll the time when you are not in class. For WPI, theres not much to do when you are not working except to stay your room- and it gets really cold up there. WPI is a little active in sports than NYU POLY. Evryone who succeeds in that schools seem like hardcore workaholics. And from what i hear, a lot transfer out after first year. I'm an A student and would have done 8 AP courses by the end of this year.

I have another day to make my choice. And i'm confused!
Thoughts?
Post edited by wviking on

Replies to: NYU POLY or WPI ??? HELP!