Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What are some colleges with great racial integration?(opposite to tight cliques)

lolononojololononojo Posts: 149Registered User Junior Member
Many colleges accentuate the diversity of the student body but when I take a closer look, some just have clusters of races choosing to socialize within their groups most of the time. For example, Cornell is one of the schools with fair amount of diversity yet small interaction between racial groups.

I do understand that how one chooses to act is indeed what decides the groups he/she hangs out with, but I still think it would be better if the general atmosphere at the school was a melting pot rather than a salad bowl :D

Interestingly, some schools with "low" diversity with majority being white can have less "clustering" compared to schools with "high" diversity.

Personally, I find it more comfortable to be at a place where there less tight-knit ethnic clusters.

What colleges do you find racially integrated-in social terms?
and what are some colleges where there aren't much interactions between each ethnic clusters? Plus, feel free to talk about your views concerning this issue.
Post edited by lolononojo on

Replies to: What are some colleges with great racial integration?(opposite to tight cliques)