Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Replacing Grades

PandazombiePandazombie Posts: 1Registered User New Member
edited March 2012 in Community Colleges
Last semester at GWC i failed two classes with a D. I was wondering if i retake the courses will they replace my previous grade with a higher grade or will both grades be there?
Post edited by Pandazombie on

Replies to: Replacing Grades

  • HarrenHarren Posts: 117Registered User Junior Member
    im not sure about the transcript but i guess both of them would be there, some colleges take the avarage of the two grades on their calculations some take the best grade, so ask the universities you wanna apply to
  • moon9kittiemoon9kittie Posts: 261Registered User Junior Member
    You can retake the course which received D and lower. After you retake the course, the previous grade that you received at D or lower will not be calculated in your GPA. However, both courses' grade will appear on the transcript. Also some of the college does not replace the grade automatically, you have to do a request through counselor before they take out the bad grade from GPA calculation. Also note, I heard from the recent news, due to the California Budget Cuts, community colleges no longer allow students to retake a course they failed starting this fall, but please double check with your school.
  • AnnabelxLeeAnnabelxLee Posts: 99Registered User Junior Member
    moon9kittie... You are right about retaking the courses to replace the grades. However, you can retake a course up to three times at the same college. After 3 attempts, you have to take it somewhere else. CSU's accept replaced grades.
Sign In or Register to comment.