Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Unique Mechanical Engineering Jobs

DisneyFreak777DisneyFreak777 Posts: 153Registered User Junior Member
edited July 2012 in Engineering Majors
Anyone know of any out-of-the-ordinary Mechanical Engineering jobs? By this I mean ones that aren't typical like at a naval base, Boeing, or an oil company. More like designing Toys R' Us toys or something. Anybody had experience with a unique job/internship?
Post edited by DisneyFreak777 on

Replies to: Unique Mechanical Engineering Jobs

• MontegutMontegut Posts: 5,919Registered User Senior Member
    Son's college just sent out an email with a job posting looking for engineering grads to design jewelry. Had a lot of requirements, too, including experience using a CAD program.
  • FrostingFrosting Posts: 96Registered User Junior Member
    Maybe a rollercoaster company designing rollercoasters? Like arrowdynamics, who I think designed X2 at six flags magic mountain, if you've ever been on it.
  • RacinReaverRacinReaver Posts: 6,598Registered User Senior Member
    I wonder if you might be more interested in a Design major than engineering, personally. Or maybe some sort of mix with MechE and design. That way you'll have the abilities to do the structural calculations/models, but also know the ideas behind designing a good product that can incorporate both style and function.