College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
Daughter is leaning towards Chemical or Biomedical Engineering or possibly Appled Math. Any suggestions on good to great Engineering schools that ar recruiting women through merit aid enticements. She is open to attend anywhere in the country other than west coast. Here are the stats:
- ACT Composite of 36 (one and only sitting)-will use this, 2250 (one sitting) for SAT (710R/770M/770W)
- SAT II Math - 800, Chemistry - 790, Lit 710
- National Merit Semifinalist - PSAT score of 230, assume she will make finalist
- 4.0/4.9 uw/w gpa, I.B. program, all A's for entire high school career, will probably get 40+ points for I.B. diploma, will have 6 years of high school math up to Math HL, in second year of Chemistry HL.
- Ranking: 2 out of 500+ in decent I.B program that produces ususally 5-10 HYPSM accepted students a year
- Year round gymnast with some National results, but probably not upper D1 level and many top schools do not have sport. Commitment requires 22 hours a week practice with only two weeks off a year
- Multiple honor societies, plenty of volunteer work, some academic awards, but not hardcore with STEM EC's. Athletics is her stress escape outside of school, but loves her math and science classes and has great relationships with teachers that will be writing recommendations.