Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

NROTC Scholarship Interview Advice

Pham94Pham94 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
I applied to the NROTC Scholarship not too long ago. I am an average student with a 3.93 Cumulative GPA, with a low 23 on my ACT, and in the top 10% of my graduating class. Sadly every time I took the ACT I came in with toilet paper stuffed in my jacket from the bathroom of the building. However, I need some advice for an upcoming interview. What really has me on edge is that I never made any interview date with my recruiter. Suddenly I receive a call from my interviewer telling me that tomorrow is my final day for the interview. Therefore I have an interview tomorrow an hour after school ends. I am really nervous and was told I didn't need to bring anything...
Please, I need some reassuring advice and help.

Thank you,

Pham
Post edited by Pham94 on

Replies to: NROTC Scholarship Interview Advice

• MD MomMD Mom Posts: 6,728Registered User Senior Member
    They ask questions about your leadership and problem-solving skills.
  • glidoglido Posts: 5,068Registered User Senior Member
    A 3.93 is far above average.

MD Mom is correct. NAVY wants leaders and problem solvers. Here is a hint. Few problems are solved solo. Team work is the secret to success in the U.S. military.
  • Pham94Pham94 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    I understand quite well that leadership is very crucial in having success and achieving goals. I understand. However, what I am most concern about is having so little time to prep myself or even mentally prepare myself for such an eventful day! Is there a reason for the immediate interview or lack of prep time? I honestly want to ask my recruiter that question, but I am quite worried I might offend him.
  • MD MomMD Mom Posts: 6,728Registered User Senior Member
    Well...you could have started your application in August, which is when my son first started his. You may not have lots of time, but it was within your control. I hope it went well for you. The last board to review applications is this month.