Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Georgetown Admissions Notification

ColodiaColodia Posts: 138Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2009 in Georgetown University
Does anyone happen to know if Georgetown will e-mail their decisions to applicants, or will they go old-school and mail them all out?

I figured they'd mail them only, but this was Georgetown's first year using an actual online application...Sooo...maybe e-mail?

I sure hope so. I'm counting down the HOURS until April 1st, 12:00 AM PST =]

271 hours.
Post edited by Colodia on

Replies to: Georgetown Admissions Notification

• Hanajima22Hanajima22 Posts: 370Registered User Member
    That's a good question, actually. In the past they've only done the letter, so that's what I'd expect. But you make an excellent point with the online app thing.
  • wpolo8wpolo8 Posts: 116Registered User Junior Member
    it will be by mail.
  • 2stargirls2stargirls Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    I called the admissions office and they said they notify ONLY by mail---not email......
  • ModadunnModadunn Posts: 6,141Registered User Senior Member
    Did you happen to ask what date they will be sending? Are they waiting to MAIL on the 1st or are they expecting you to get the mail by the April 1?
  • RobertoGonzalezRobertoGonzalez Posts: 257Registered User Junior Member
    Most people get it by April 1.
  • pswibpswib Posts: 318Registered User Member
    When EA decision letters were about to come out, I called to see when they would mail them. Their basic answer (which I assume RD people will get if calling in the next week) was, "When you get the letter, you'll know that we mailed them." Just stay patient.
  • dzleprechaundzleprechaun Posts: 650Registered User Member
    International students (i.e. students who live outside the U.S.) will get an e-mail, as well as a letter. Everyone else is notified by mail only.
  • iskanderiskander Posts: 539Registered User Member
    ^^Are you sure about that? Why would internationals get an email with their admission decision and not US residents?
  • signitblanksignitblank Posts: 482Registered User Member
    dzleprechaun is correct.

International mail takes so much longer and Georgetown wants the money from those applicants, so they notify via email.
  • Motherof2girlsMotherof2girls Posts: 104Registered User Junior Member
    My daughters EA decision came by mail. She was admitted and the envelope was small and thin !
  • iskanderiskander Posts: 539Registered User Member
    Ok. Email it will be then...
  • ModadunnModadunn Posts: 6,141Registered User Senior Member
    The head of admissions at the Univ of Chicago came to our school in the fall and said.. the happiest time in admissions is after letters have left their office and before they are received by students. Personally speaking, while I understand the immediate gratification of email, I can understand why schools (including Amherst and Johns Hopkins) would continue to mail decisions even when they have online capabilities. They want a few days of silence!!
  • pixelpinkpixelpink Posts: 28Registered User New Member
    The letters come by regular mail right around April 1. Surprisingly, Georgetown isn't as technologically advanced as you'd think (either as to admissions or when you get there--in terms of how much of the campus is wireless, web resources, etc).
  • dzleprechaundzleprechaun Posts: 650Registered User Member
    Given that international students are notified by email, I think it's safe to say that sticking with the physical letter for domestic applicants is a matter of choice, not something caused by a lack of technological sophistication.
  • sportgirl234sportgirl234 Posts: 34Registered User Junior Member
    so all we know is that it could be anytime between today and april first?