Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

7 point grading scale

babycakebriaunababycakebriauna Posts: 18Registered User New Member
edited December 2011 in High School Life
Can I just say that I really hate being on the 7 point grading scale. I have a 91.5 in English which is a B and it's really irritating me.

The thing that gets me is half my classes are on the 7 point scale and the other half are on the 10 point scale and it's really messing with my GPA.

Are any of you also on the 7 point grading scale?
Post edited by babycakebriauna on

Replies to: 7 point grading scale

• QuacohQuacoh Posts: 487Registered User Member
    For my school it's basically a 4 point grading scale, meaning a 96 is an A and is a 4.0, but a 93 is also an A, but is about a 3.5. It really does suck, and I wish there was a universal grading scale that schools had to adopt, but it feels wrong to complain when I see people with a grading scale even worse than I have.
  • bigblimpbigblimp Posts: 195Registered User New Member
    I'm on a 7 point grading scale. The thing that sucks about my school's system is that even if you take all honors or AP classes, only 4 of the classes get weighted.
  • MathcountserMathcountser Posts: 770Registered User Junior Member
    10 point scale with +/-'s counting against you. It could be worse and it could be better.
  • fball85fball85 Posts: 42Registered User New Member
    Im on an all 7 point scale, they did something weird with GPA though. 92.5 is an A and 4.0 but 92 is a B and a 3.85, then 90 is 3.625 etc...
  • jonnathanjonnathan Posts: 400Registered User Junior Member
    @Quacoh: That's how mine is too! I hate it. I made a 94 in freakin' Health&PE because of the final exam which was pretty much a one hundred question test on STD's and it's the class keeping me from having a perfect GPA. :(