Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

I may have failed my first quiz...

toastmastertoastmaster Posts: 1,218Registered User Senior Member
edited February 2008 in High School Life
It came down to the last twenty minutes of class, and our Trig teacher handed us a quiz. I rushed due to time, didn't have time to check a few, and just as the bell rang, I noticed a few were incorrect. Only to add to this, we talked about answers next block in AP Chem, and I got different answers then every else.

Not to sound like a loser, or terribly pathetic, but how do you guys, if this has ever happened to you, deal with letdowns?
Post edited by toastmaster on

Replies to: I may have failed my first quiz...

• romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes Posts: 21,909Registered User Senior Member
    You study harder for the next one. What's past is past and you can't change it so move on.

Good luck though.
  • incogn1toincogn1to Posts: 37- Junior Member
    its just a quiz. now when you failed a test, that is when you got a problem.
  • Newjack88Newjack88 Posts: 1,839Registered User Senior Member
    Only to add to this, we talked about answers next block in AP Chem, and I got different answers then every else.
    never talk to other kids about answers it will only make you more stressed out.
  • WoswillWoswill Posts: 153Registered User Junior Member
    never talk to other kids about answers it will only make you more stressed out.

I'd say it relieves stress.
  • swim2daendswim2daend Posts: 2,497Registered User Senior Member
    ^^^ Only if ppl got the same answers as yourself :).
  • NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 3,935- Senior Member
    ^^^so true.
  • janemacjanemac Posts: 432Registered User Member
    i think i just failed my first history quiz today....

i hope things get better toastmaster
  • alexxalexx Posts: 326Registered User Junior Member
    This is stupid and off-topic, but when people are referring to a previous post, what's the bloody difference between ^ and ^^ and ^^^?

Alex
  • swim2daendswim2daend Posts: 2,497Registered User Senior Member
    Well I fell some ppl may think I accidentally meant to put ^ and be confused and I know ppl tht use ^^ as like a substitute as a smile face (don't ask me why. I don't get it) so I use ^^^ so it's obvious I do it on purpose
  • toastmastertoastmaster Posts: 1,218Registered User Senior Member
    I don't know, this was one of my best and favorite classes, so it feels like the personal shame was just multiplied.
    I don't know, this was one of my best and favorite classes, so it feels like the personal shame was just multiplied.
    Better your first than your hundredth. :)

Alex
  • hpa10hpa10 Posts: 1,906Registered User Senior Member
    generally, i believe that ^ refers to the post right about yours, ^^ to the post above the one directly above yours, and ^^^ to the post directly above the post directly above yours. and so on, or at least this is the way i use them. op, its not so bad, i bombed a quiz today too, just don't worry about it and study harder next time.
  • Kayleigh_9109Kayleigh_9109 Posts: 365Editor Junior Member
    Here's something to make you feel better: We had our Chemistry test today.. The class average was a 33%. I don't really know if anyone did well.
  • KaznackKaznack Posts: 1,985Registered User Senior Member
    Yesterday, I bombed, of all things, a health quiz. Yes, pathetic. I did the reading like fifteen minutes before class, and it was only four questions long, two of them about one thing I forgot on the reading. She said she might drop the lowest quiz, though.
    Yesterday, I bombed, of all things, a health quiz. Yes, pathetic.
    ... I ran a 12 minute mile. I bombed something that doesn't even require thought. ;)

Alex