College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
I am in a couple of different student clubs and organizations, and I plan on joining more. Clubs offer you a lot of knowledge and experience in just about any field of study or subject you are passionate about. In order to better convince you, I have composed a list of the top 10 reasons to join student clubs and organizations
10. Extra Curricular: They look great on applications/resumes
9. Networking: You will have the opportunity to meet and network with other people with similar interests
8. Promote Awareness: They help promote education and awareness about the field/subject
7. Assistance: They give you the opportunity to give or receive assistance in classes in the fields that you study
6. Volunteer: For philanthropic reasons
5. Brotherhood: Being a member automatically gives you a feeling of closeness to other members, you share something that other people are not a part of.
4. Enrichment: Being part of a student ran club or organization is an enriching experience. You owe it to yourself to at least try them out.
3. Exposure: They expose you to real life experiences in the fields/subjects you are interested in.
2. Growth: Members in clubs/organizations will be encouraging and supportive of your personal growth.
1. Social: They are a great way to meet great people and have a lot of fun
So there you have it. The top 10 reasons you owe it to yourself to join student clubs and organizations. What are your experiences with clubs and organizations? What are your reasons? Leave a comment and let us know.