Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

AP Microeconomics Vs. AP Macroeconomics

bdreammbdreamm Posts: 127Registered User Junior Member
edited June 2005 in High School Life
Which one is harder?

Which one do you prefer to take?
Post edited by bdreamm on

Replies to: AP Microeconomics Vs. AP Macroeconomics

• CC ArticlesCC Articles Posts: 1- New Member
    It very much depends on the individual for which one is harder. Micro is more specific and requires more memorization, while Macro is more general and requires more analysis.

Taking either alone is somewhat silly, but I'd pick Macro if I had to (it's more generally applicable).
  • An0nym0u5An0nym0u5 Posts: 1,661Registered User Senior Member
    One fee for both tests. So take em both. I found Macro harder, just because its a little more vague and I had taken a community college course in Micro, not Macro. But both are pretty easy.
    I honestly think Macro is VERY easy in comparison to Micro.

However, I actually took a class for Macro. Take both, it's not hard to self study/learn.
  • redhare317redhare317 Posts: 1,449Registered User Senior Member
    I always thought that in order to understand macro, you need micro first. I could be wrong, but when I self-studied, PR made it seem that way. I originally signed up for both but took only micro because I had to self-study everything in one day. Macro couldn't be done in that time. (Micro came first in the book, and when the macro section was coming up, there was a little "quiz" on micro to see if you're ready for macro.)

I'm sure you'll do well on either if you prepared. I feel good about it even self-studying it in one day. I do recommend PR.
    redhare, you're joking right?

I learned Macro first... no Micro knowledge needed AT ALL. However, once you know one or the other, it makes the other a little easier. Just a little.
  • iamconfuzzlediamconfuzzled Posts: 38Registered User Junior Member
    The general consensus at our school is that macro is easier. But it varies from person to person, I suppose.

I took Macro and got pretty good grades, and I thought the AP test wasn't too bad at all. But macro requires a very thorough understanding, because alot of it is about cause and effect, so if you learn something wrong, you could mess up the whole chain of events.