Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

computer science major considering law school

collegiatedcollegiated Posts: 87Registered User Junior Member
edited October 2007 in Law School
I'm a computer science major at a top 10 university (whose computer science program is very well known). My GPA is 3.8ish. My problem is that I am much better at math/cs than at humanities. I've gotten grades ranging from B's to A's in humanities classes. (and I haven't taken that many of them apart from the required ones) Will I have a problem trying to get into a law school? Also, I'm international (if that affects my chances.)
Post edited by collegiated on

Replies to: computer science major considering law school

• Milton RoarkMilton Roark Posts: 397Registered User Member
    The only thing this could indirectly affect is how varied your coursework looks. Going outside of your major in other areas, and no just doing blow off classes, can be a small soft factor that indicates intellectual curiosity. However, if you have a 3.8 in computer science from a well known university you'll be fine. Your international status would not harm your chances in any way.
  • JSB in FLJSB in FL Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    With a science major, seriously consider taking some intellectual property courses. My impression from all I've read is that IP lawyers have above-average opportunities both for employment and salary. Good luck.
  • PimpDaddy1PimpDaddy1 Posts: 323Registered User Member
    3.8 in Comp Sci from a top 10 will put you in the running for any law school if you break 170 on the LSATs. Don't worry about a couple of Bs in humanities classes, your 3.8 speaks for itself. And save the IP courses for law school...
  • Mr PayneMr Payne Posts: 8,850Registered User Senior Member
    You are sitting pretty.