Parents of the HS Class of 2017 - 3.0 to 3.4 GPA
As some of the 2017 parents including myself are lurking about the very helpful 2016 thread on this topic, I thought I'd start a new one focused on our 2017 kids. Hopefully at some point the mods can move this to the Class of 20xx community sub forum.
I decided to expand this from 3.0-3.4 as that is the B-B+ range.
I've copied over some of the initial guidelines from previous threads.
As a guideline, this is not a chance thread for students. It is for parents of kids roughly in the B to B+ range with any range of test scores. Of course, all parents are welcome, but it is not meant for the top of the line, applying to Ivies sorts of dilemmas. Advice from parents of other years is definitely appreciated!
Things to talk and think about now
1. Test Prep
2. School Visits & casting WIDE nets
3. Fit & LOVING ALL OUR SCHOOLS
4. Possible Financial/Merit aid
5. Books to assist our quest of the perfect school for our children.
6. Requesting LOR's before school gets out
And as we get close to and into senior year:
1. Applications (EA vs. ED vs. RD), essay prompts, etc.
2. Auditions (music, dance, theatre)
3. Senior year visits & overnights
4. The Waiting Game of acceptances
5. Reviewing award letters
6. Committing and sending in that check!
So, pour another cup of coffee (or tea), bookmark this thread, and start posting!