Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Admissions help!

PseabraPseabra Posts: 2Registered User New Member
edited October 2011 in San Diego State University
I am applying to San Diego State University. I have a 2.9 GPA, a 1100/1600 on my SAT (critical math + reading). My school has a very tough curriculum which the college will see when my school sends the school profile. Is there a chance of me getting accepted into Fall of 2012?
Post edited by Pseabra on

Replies to: Admissions help!

• collegeyikescollegeyikes Posts: 48Registered User Junior Member
    I think it would depend on whether you live in their local area. If so, you will receive an additional 400-point boost on your academic eligibility. Also, if your 2.9 is unweighted, your actual GPA for purposes of your application may be different. That said, I think your chances are not strong, despite your challenging high school. I just don't think SDSU takes that into consideration (although I understand your point, as our high school is extremely competitive and we're in the same boat). Their acceptance rate is only 30%, and they get tens of thousands of apps....good luck!