Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

1650 Sat

alexhernandez6alexhernandez6 Posts: 293Registered User Junior Member
So I just got my scores for the March 1 SAT. I didn't do as well as I expected to. Math: 590 CR: 500 WR: 560. I didn't study at all for this test. I plan to buy the Princeton's Review book. What else can I do to get my reach score (2000+)
Post edited by alexhernandez6 on

Replies to: 1650 Sat

• Katcarp2Katcarp2 Posts: 66Registered User Junior Member
    Make hundreds of vocab flashcards, read through a whole entire SAT book (if not two or three), ask a math teacher about math problems you don't understand, and study every day under test taking conditions.

Be sure to eat a really fulfilling breakfast the day of the test and try drinking at least 16 ounces of green tea a day. (I heard it makes you do better on tests!)
  • futurexrejectfuturexreject Posts: 485Registered User Member
    how the f### did you raise to a 2300 from a 1600 over summer?!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
  • jjsamson92jjsamson92 Posts: 81Registered User Junior Member
    If your a senior its gonna be pretty hard probably. I would recommend a private tutor if you can get one. That would probably help a lot. And on the SAT prep specific forum there should be like a sticky about how to prep for the SAT. A good review book and a lot of dedication will help a lot also though. If your only a junior than no worries, take a summer course. Read some more difficult books and stuff. Good Luck.
  • futurexrejectfuturexreject Posts: 485Registered User Member
    yes. but do you realize a 1600-2300 is a crazy improvement?!
  • jjsamson92jjsamson92 Posts: 81Registered User Junior Member
    O, lol my fault I didn't even read the post date or anything.

I barely read the post I guess. Yeah that is a huge raise.
  • alexhernandez6alexhernandez6 Posts: 293Registered User Junior Member
    going in the first time, I thought the curve was going to be really lenient. (I'd had never taken a PSAT: out of country or something came up)With that said, I finished sections early...didn't go over answers and such. Didn't even bother writing the essay. I took it again as a senior and improved ALOT!
  • KoreanBoi92KoreanBoi92 Posts: 1,248Registered User Member
    Try the ACT.
  • 112358112358 Posts: 1,944Registered User Senior Member
    Wow. I'll be happy if I improve to a 2300 from a 223 PSAT.