Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

ACT-OLD SAT-NEW SAT Conversion Table.

IvyLeagueORbust...IvyLeagueORbust... Posts: 1,387Registered User Senior Member
Hm, here it is I suppose. http://www.spartanburg6.k12.sc.us/dhs/Guidance%20website/SAT-ACT%20Conversion%20chart.html I mean, so in all honesty, what is a competitive ACT score. Various tier school wesbsites continue to suggest a a "27-33" mean on the ACT. Ugh, can someone please elucidate.
Post edited by IvyLeagueORbust... on

Replies to: ACT-OLD SAT-NEW SAT Conversion Table.

• damitssamdamitssam Posts: 617Registered User Member
    I was really screwed up at my first ACT try, a pathetic 29 (I had a 32 composite on english and math and then just ran out of steam :( ).

I suggest a 32+ (which I am aiming for on this new ACT) for top tier schools.
  • acaciaacacia Posts: 656Registered User Member
    This doesn't look right...

I think that the ACT and SAT conversion is off.
    But then again..I've never tried to take the ACT so I'm just basing this off other conversion charts I've seen.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon Posts: 12,109Registered User Senior Member
    The first two columns match the CB website at the 32 ACT mark, 1410-1450 range. A number of conversions will just say 32 = 1420 or 710 per component part. All they did in this conversion was add another component of the same numerical value. Based on absolutely zero data, I might add. For my daughter it was fairly accurate, though. She has taken both once and scored a 2160 new (1470 CR +M) and a 32.
  • acaciaacacia Posts: 656Registered User Member
    hmm...interesting
    I always thought that a 34 ACT was higher than that when compared to the SATs...=/ Maybe I'm wrong then..
    SORRY!! =)