Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Lazy Students Way ACT guide?

wonafidowonafido Posts: 87Registered User Junior Member
Has anyone gotten this guide? Does it at least live partly up to how it is advertised?
Post edited by wonafido on

Replies to: Lazy Students Way ACT guide?

• glucose101glucose101 Posts: 5,264Registered User Senior Member
    Ya...I looked it up also...does it work well?
  • wonafidowonafido Posts: 87Registered User Junior Member
    Has anyone gotten this guide?
  • litltebeach3litltebeach3 Posts: 356Registered User Junior Member
    I'm curious to.
  • ShaheinShahein Posts: 336Registered User Member
    For the ACT, I would personally recommend a combination approach of The Real ACT Prep Book and Barron's for intensive subject review. Also, LazyStudent's Way hasn't been updated for the new ACT...
    Shahein, the ACT hasn't changed except for the addition of the writing. Is the lazy students way good for the sections other than writing?

Does anyone know how good the Lazy Students Way guide is?
    Does anyone know if this study guide is worth having?
  • stix2400stix2400 Posts: 1,092Registered User Senior Member
    How about you work through it and tell us. It can't hurt.
    I don't want to spend money before I know if it's worth it. Does anyone have this Lazy Student's Way ACT guide? What do you think of it?
  • loganrloganr Posts: 244Registered User Junior Member
    It isnt really worth having, It tells you common sense advice and isnt really worth the money, one of their advice was "time isnt on your side"
    well duh it doesnt really take a genius to figure that out.

and their step by step process was laughable, it goes like ... read the passage .. answer the question..

nothing profound

if you have the grammatrix SAT guide you can just use those advices for the reading section, for grammar use common sence, and for math remember that its not like the SAT their not trying to trick you , thus you just have to be fast and not make careless errors. finally for science just look at the diagrams and interpret them to anser the question.. you dont need a guide to tell u that