Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Ap biology self study

kpopislyfekpopislyfe Posts: 44Registered User New Member
edited February 2013 in Sciences
Hi guys,

Ive just found out that the honors program I want to do at the university I will attend in fall requires a 5 on AP biology. I didnt think I would be going to that university (so I didnt look up their requirements), but because of my financial situation, I decided to go there.

The problem is that I take AP Chem and not AP Bio. :( I took GT Bio in freshmen year but that's about it. I have three months to study for Ap Bio, can it be done? Currently I take 6 AP classes and this will be the 8th AP test I take this spring.

I went out and bought AP Barrons Bio today. I figured if I read two chapter every week, Ill be done the book by early April and have about a month to study my notes.
Post edited by kpopislyfe on

Replies to: Ap biology self study

• MelkorMelkor Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
    It can be done. Take all the practice tests you can.
  • BigIsBigIs Posts: 1,040Registered User Senior Member
    You may also want to contact the college and see if they'll take AP Chemistry instead. They'll probably say no (they won't have a good reason, but they tend to be rather rigid), but it never hurts to try.
  • DarthpwnerDarthpwner Posts: 989Registered User Member
    Don't take AP Bio, it's not that easy to self-study in 3 months and also the test has changed so I don't think you should honestly unless you want to memorize about 100 terms each night.
  • tigerashtigerash Posts: 582Registered User Member
    yea i would advise you that there are so many terms, way more than those of ap psychology or apes
  • subtrax42subtrax42 Posts: 20Registered User New Member
    @kpopislyfe I am in the same boat you are. Two days ago I decided to start self-studying for the AP Bio exam. I know it can be done, and I am determined to do it. I am tentatively studying for upwards of 10 AP's (most self-studying).
  • DarthpwnerDarthpwner Posts: 989Registered User Member
    Which AP's are you taking?