Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Trigonometry Summer Course

HSStudent2013HSStudent2013 Posts: 5Registered User New Member
Hey guys, I have been wondering about this for a while and iI can't decide what to do.
I am in Advanced Topics, which is a lower class of Pre-Calculus. I believe they are the same class except Pre-Calc covers some topics of trig at the end of the year, which is now. I should not be in Pre-Calc but my teacher last year didn't think I could handle it even though I had an A on his class and this year I've been averaging an A+ every term.

I am taking a trig course next year as an elective and I was put into Honors Calculus, which is new this year. I want to take AP Calculus because I want to have a high level of math.
I have a student in my class who is taking AP Calc next year with trig as an elective also but I feel like I might be at a big disadvantage if I take AP because I haven't experienced Calc yet.

Do you think I should take a trig course over the summer to prepare for AP Calc or should I just stay in Honors Calc. If I go to AP, do you know any programs that teach you trig over the summer?

Thanks.