Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

UCLA Regents Scholarship Notification

jvesco22jvesco22 Posts: 126- Junior Member
edited April 2011 in UC Transfers
Now throw yo' hands in the air and wave 'em like you just don't care.
Post edited by jvesco22 on

Replies to: UCLA Regents Scholarship Notification

• farhanhossainfarhanhossain Posts: 34Registered User Junior Member
    I got it as well. Applied to UCLA as economics major. 4.0 GPA till now with last prerequisite (Calculus 2) planned for final spring semester. Is this a good indication for acceptance? Econ is so impacted....
  • BillionaireBillionaire Posts: 204Registered User Junior Member
    I got it too. 4.0 Business Economics applicant. It is no indication of acceptance.
  • BerkeleyOrBustBerkeleyOrBust Posts: 270Registered User Junior Member
    I'm a 3.83. So I probably won't be getting it huh :(
  • IndieRockNRollIndieRockNRoll Posts: 304Registered User Member
    I got it too. English major, 59 units, and 4.0.

:) So exciting.
  • TonyPreMed2013TonyPreMed2013 Posts: 230Registered User Junior Member
    You guys know if they are still sending out emails? I didn't get one and I have a 4.0 with almost 70 units completed...
  • TonyPreMed2013TonyPreMed2013 Posts: 230Registered User Junior Member
    @BerkeleyOrBust: Probably not, they usually require a 4.0 to be eligible. That said, my friend got the email, he has a 3.93, and I did not get the email, with a 4.0. We have identical classes completed as well...
  • eyethinkeyethink Posts: 625Registered User Member
    You guys know if they are still sending out emails? I didn't get one and I have a 4.0 with almost 70 units completed...

My closest friend at my CC is in a similar boat with you. He's got a 4.0 and a ***** ton of world changing ECs and he's yet to receive an e-mail, but I did.

If you still haven't received an e-mail by the end of the weekend I would reach out to Ms. Alejandra Ramirez at the financial aid office.
  • howardyan2howardyan2 Posts: 56Registered User Junior Member
    Can anybody please tell me what is CID number and when do we get that?
  • BostonCrmPieBostonCrmPie Posts: 371Registered User Member
    I got the letter, but I definitely wasn't expecting it. I have a 3.98.

Edit: On the subject of whether this bodes well for acceptance...
    The UCLA website says that about 600 transfer applicants are selected to compete. (http://www.fao.ucla.edu/uclascholarships/regents.html) I would assume that these 600 are among the most competitive in the applicant pool.
  • peterr86peterr86 Posts: 756Registered User Member
    IIRC most people that got regent letters last year got into whatever school of their choice. So you can view it as a postive sign but i wouldn't get your hopes up too high
  • deanzatransferdeanzatransfer Posts: 696Registered User Member
    So... Not all 4.0s get an invitation to apply for the Regents Scholarship? I got an email, but I thought it was just an email they send all 4.0s...
    So... Not all 4.0s get an invitation to apply for the Regents Scholarship? I got an email, but I thought it was just an email they send all 4.0s...

That's starting to look like the case. I wonder how many 4.0s there are.
  • BillionaireBillionaire Posts: 204Registered User Junior Member
    I wonder how they choose who to invite. Personally I think they do it by each CC. The strongest applicants from each CC get the invite i think.... But that the hell do I know.
    I wonder how they choose who to invite. Personally I think they do it by each CC. The strongest applicants from each CC get the invite i think.... But that the hell do I know.

If that's the case then my buddy should have gotten an invitation as well. It can be argued that his application was even stronger than mine. Do you guys think they sent out all of the invitations on the same day?
  • labananelabanane Posts: 17Registered User New Member
    I have a 4.0 and got the e-mail from UCLA.

First of all, some people might have a 4.0 but also have fifty W's or P/NP on their records, which could (I have no idea) explain why they didn't receive an invitation.

On my UC personal statement #1, I only talked about Business Administration and UCLA does not even offer that major... Therefore, I don't think that they took into consideration EC'S + personal statement for the pre-selection.

If someone has a legit 4.0 from a CCC and didn't receive the email, please let us know.