Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Withdraw or Fail? HELP! :(

liveitupliveitup Posts: 11Registered User New Member
edited February 2009 in UC Transfers
I'm taking a class right now and I currently have a borderline C/B grade. I can't afford to get a B, let alone a C, so I'm thinking about withdrawing it or failing it so I can retake the class if I get a bomb the next midterm. (This doesn't mean I'm not trying! Heh heh.) The thing is, I don't know which one I should do.

I understand that USC looks at F's and uses them to calculate GPA, too. But say a UC school was my first priority - would it be better to withdraw the class or fail it and retake it? Also, if I did "fail" it, is it better to receive a D or F? Does it matter?

F's don't get erased from transcripts, right? UCs still see these grades but don't take it into GPA account? Please correct me if I'm wrong!

AH I'm so nervous. I really don't want to withdraw or "fail" this class. But it is my own fault. ):
Post edited by liveitup on

Replies to: Withdraw or Fail? HELP! :(