Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Vanderbilt Undergraduate Business Program

tomato987tomato987 Posts: 16Registered User New Member
edited October 2008 in Vanderbilt University
How good is Vanderbilt's undergrad business school? I'm also looking at Baylor and Texas (though I probably won't get in to UT).

From what I've googled so far, it doesn't seem like Vanderbilt's program is worth applying to.

Also, has anyone heard anything about Millsap's business school?
Post edited by tomato987 on

Replies to: Vanderbilt Undergraduate Business Program

• crs1909crs1909 Posts: 1,217Registered User Senior Member
    Vanderbilt doesn't have an undergrad business program.

Vanderbilt has an Economics program, which is pretty good. You should be able to get comparable opportunities with an Econ degree as you would with a Business degree.

Never heard of Millsaps.
  • belevittbelevitt Posts: 2,005Registered User Senior Member
    Millsaps, is that the methodist college in Mississippi? You can probably find better options for specialized training that doesn't revolve around theology.
  • kelsmomkelsmom Posts: 12,506Super Moderator Senior Member
    Millsaps is a Methodist school ... Methodist schools' academic programs do NOT revolve around theology (even in the deep south)! That said, I don't know that small LACs are the best bet for someone *certain* he/she wants to major in business. Something like Denison might be a match.

If you can't get into UT, you most likely can't get into Vanderbilt.

I would suggest first deciding what you want in a school, then checking out its business program. Look at the requirements for the major, the courses offered, the core requirements & prereqs for classes that interest you, internship opportunities, etc.
  • belevittbelevitt Posts: 2,005Registered User Senior Member
    Comment withdrawn.
  • Wneckid99Wneckid99 Posts: 925Registered User Member
    yeah if u cant get into UT you def cant get into vandy