Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

College checking you out online.

UDUBHUSKIESUDUBHUSKIES Registered User Posts: 751 Member
People say that admissions officers come here to look at what prospective students post. I heard someone the other day say, "You really shouldn't post on College X's forum about how you lied on your application when admissions officers can check." My question is, do admissions officers really trust college confidential? I mean, anyone can come on here and post, so it's virtually impossible to figure out someone.
Post edited by UDUBHUSKIES on

Replies to: College checking you out online.

• ZombieDanteZombieDante Registered User Posts: 3,895 Senior Member
    Well they could in theory figure it out, as college reps have more power than us here, HOWEVER I really doubt they will take the time to figure it out. With that said I would still not post of lying on an app anywhere, heck don't even do it in the first place!
  • ElleyaElleya Registered User Posts: 796 Junior Member
    We were joking early in HSL that CC is really just an elaborate ruse set up by Top 20 Universities to see what people really think about them.

Thankfully, that's not the case. I agree that they couldn't tell who you are, because there are hundreds of kids posting that have the same stats as you, how would anyone know the difference?
  • scmom12scmom12 Registered User Posts: 2,696 Senior Member
    It isn't bad to remember that anything you post on-line has a life of its' own. It amazes me that college students post on open facebook groups about things like where to order fake ids and how they need a program from concert for a music apprec class to so they can lie to teacher about attending.
  • UDUBHUSKIESUDUBHUSKIES Registered User Posts: 751 Member
    haha yeah or they post pictures of themselves getting drunk and then complain about being caught.
This discussion has been closed.