Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Where to eat when visiting Amherst?

2»

Replies to: Where to eat when visiting Amherst?

• jarsilverjarsilver Registered User Posts: 511 Member
    I'm guessing you meant the East Side Grill?
  • cadence76cadence76 Registered User Posts: 318 Member
    Who can miss The Pub? Great traditional hearty american--delicious sweet potato fries. Down near Bertucci's (and not a chain--Buy Local!)
  • webtechadswebtechads Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    There are some other places that aren't as well known as the ones listed above (although most are good). Moti and White Hut are pretty good places, and White Hut stays open until 2am on the weekend days. They don't deliver though to campus though.

Primo Too I believe is almost equivalent to Antonio's with their slices, although I think Antonio's has a bigger selection. Primo last year had an anchovies/shrimp/green pepper/garlic pizza that was amazing. They experiment a lot and their menu is humungous.

Sibies pizza is also good but pretty far from campus (about 15 minutes). They have very cheap prices and have different types of dough selection for their pizza.

Zhang's Kitchen is another one of those "Once you eat it, you're hooked" restaurants in the area. It is plain Americanized Chinese food, but their sauces are pretty great. They deliver to Umass and the hotels for free. Butterfly has delivery but I'm not sure if it is free.

Zoe's Fish House I hear is pretty good. It is off of route 9. Webster's Fish Hook is by far the best place to go for great seafood.

The classiest restaurant and one of the best in town is Chez Albert. Great French Cuisine and the price to match. There are so many places to Choose from in the Amherst area, and there's a whole lot more when you count Northampton and East Longmeadow.
  • shawbridgeshawbridge Registered User Posts: 5,596 Senior Member
    We've been pretty happy with the Gohyang Korean restaurant on Route 9, I assume in Hadley. The Japanese restaurant Arigato is OK but not fabulous. My son likes Moti, though I haven't been there.
  • LurkerDadLurkerDad Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
    Green Street Cafe in Northampton has great food and quirky college-town ambience.
2»
This discussion has been closed.