Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Some self-study questions

RoswellEndsWellRoswellEndsWell Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
edited December 2013 in AP Tests Preparation
Hey guys. I know where I'm going to college now, so I've been picking apart its AP credit policy and I realize I can get a few more course credits if I self-study for both the Physics C exams, the Psychology exam, and either the AP World or AP Euro exam. I was just wondering:

1. Which would be easier to get a 5 on for self-study, World or Euro? I took World as a sophomore but got a 4 (which won't get me credit), and honestly I have pretty much forgotten everything I learned in that class.

2. What are some paperback review books that I could get for these classes that would be comprehensive enough for me to get 5's without a regular textbook? I saw Barron's was good for Psychology from the book thread, but didn't find much about recent books for Euro or the Physics C tests.

Thanks for any help.
Post edited by RoswellEndsWell on

Replies to: Some self-study questions

• RoswellEndsWellRoswellEndsWell Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    I realized that Art History could also count for the credit that World or Euro would fulfill. So is Art, World, or Euro History easiest for self-study?
  • azyoulikeitazyoulikeit Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    If you've taken some form of world history before, then I'd suggest taking the world history exam since you already have the background for it. Euro tends to be much more in-depth since it deals with the specifics of one continent's history. However, it also covers a shorter time period than World History does. The Euro DBQ's tend to have significantly more documents to sift through and more documents required per grouping while World has less.

As I understand it, the art history exam requires a lot of memorization of art works, and if that's not your fancy, then it may not be the way to go.

Some good books for the history AP's are the REA crash course books and either Barron's and Princeton Review. Nothing can really replace a textbook though, and it's much better to just get a used one cheaply from Amazon if you can.
This discussion has been closed.