right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Senior Year AP?

R0N1N1772453R0N1N1772453 0 replies1 threads New Member
Taking 6 AP's (Calc AB, BC, Chem, Lit, Stat, Comp Sci Java) and 2 classes at a local community college (Calc III and Physics I fall semester). I can add AP Euro into my schedule; is it worth it?

I took 4 AP's this year as a junior, self-studied single & multivariate calculus & ODE, involved in HOSA, TSA, Science Olympiad, bunch of other school clubs + volunteering/tutoring, and I still had a lot of time on my hands, so I was thinking about doing some more next year. My G.P.A. is really low b/c of a really bad freshman year, and this could help me bring it back up.

Do you guys think it's worth adding AP Euro? I'm open to suggestions; I'm honestly not sure what I should do.

2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Senior Year AP?

• girlboss001girlboss001 1 replies1 threads New Member
    It's not worth it. Trust me. I took it this year and it's so much notetaking and studying at home that it'll take up all your time. You already seem pretty well rounded so I wouldn't worry about it.
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 2264 replies36 threads Senior Member
    “Worth it” how?

One class typically will only raise a GPA by a few hundredths of a point at most.

Unless you’re looking to be a History major, AP Euro is unlikely to have any meaningful impact to a college admissions decision given your data.

I doubt it would be worth the effort.
    · Reply · Share