Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Baylor Carr P Collins

2»

Replies to: Baylor Carr P Collins

• tdawnstdawns Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    I got an email from Baylor yesterday saying my child has received a financial aid award and for her to look into her bear web acct. All we saw was just her regular merit award that she got with her acceptance. She said she gets those emails regularly. Does that seem right?
    Especially this week when we’re waiting to hear about a scholarship.
  • dpBU23dpBU23 Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    I think an unfortunate coincidence. My wife got one as well and I received one a few weeks ago. I am confident they will communicate awards directly to student first (email or snail mail)
  • valarrievalarrie Registered User Posts: 27 Junior Member
    @tdawns I got that same email yesterday saying my child has received a financial aid award but when we checked, nothing had changed. My husband received one last week and same thing, nothing new had been added. I agree with @dpBU23...I think it is just a coincidence.

Anyone heard anything about Carr P Collins yet?
  • dpBU23dpBU23 Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    nothing yet. I warned that financial aid - helpful as they are - are not always correct about sholarship release dates!! good weekend all!
    I haven’t heard anything yet.
  • laustrialaustria Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    still nothing...
  • rjsharp7rjsharp7 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    I emailed financial aid about it and she said an email was sent out on March 22nd. I didn’t get any emails. She reviewed my account and told me I didn’t receive the scholarship... maybe they only sent out the email if you won??
    @rjsharp7
    I just called and they told me the same. They sent out an email in the 22nd and that my daughter did not receive any awarded scholarship.
    He told me if it’s a yes that it is sent in regular mail.
  • soccerboy1soccerboy1 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone actually received and email or a mailed letter with an acceptance or rejection yet? Or did you just call financial aid for an answer? They told me yesterday that they heard this week decisions would be made.
  • matzkymatzky Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    We just received a rejection letter
  • laustrialaustria Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    just got a rejection letter. congrats to anyone who got it!
  • valarrievalarrie Registered User Posts: 27 Junior Member
    DD receieved a rejection letter today too. Grateful for the merit scholarships she did get....just a tad disillusioned that she was NMF with a very well-rounded resume and no RG, no FS, and now no Carr P Collins. There must’ve been some amazingly qualified individuals. Wishing them all the best.