Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Please CHANCE me for Brown!

RainbowSprinklesRainbowSprinkles Registered User Posts: 1,703 Senior Member
edited September 2010 in Brown University
Specifically, I am looking to apply to Harvard, Brown, Johns Hopkins, Cornell, and Stanford (amongst others I am also considering). Please chance me. Your help is much appreciated!

Ethnicity: Asian (female)

IB/AP: not offered at my high school (however, I am taking the most rigorous courses offered, such as calculus, etc.)
Average (in %): consistently in the 90s, usually around 95%
SAT Score: First time with zero practice: 2030 (CR: 630, Writing: 660, Math: 740). I expect a MUCH better 2nd score!!!
SAT Subject Tests: will be taking 3 in November

Essay writing skills: excellent
Teacher recs: will be stupendous
Interview skills: excellent

Interests, Volunteer & Work Experience: piano (level 8 certificate), violin for a few years, volunteer at a hospital (200+hrs), volunteer tutoring at school, work at a library, many other volunteer events...

School involvement: was very involved in music in gr.9 (many bands and even choir), many youth justice groups in gr.11 & planning to join again in gr.12 (probably...), badminton intermurals in gr.10

Leadership: link crew leader at school (we welcome new gr.9 students and plan fun activities!), lead kids through educational activities at a volunteer event

Awards & Special things: various academic awards at school, various piano awards from festivals (got selected to advance to provincials, but became very ill... this is a touchy subject... I ended up not being able to attend because I was taking 8 pills a day and I felt so horrible ): .. ANYWAYS), painting (art was shown at a festival and displayed in a *professional* art gallery; honourable mention in Robert Bateman contest)

Oh and I have a customer service training certificate for disabled/impaired customers.

Field I'm going to go in to: medical/health sciences

Please chance me, especially for Brown, Johns Hopkins, and Harvard (my top 3)!

And all BS aside... I actually have a personality. I am not a brainiac automaton who sits around and studies all day long. I think that I am an intriguing person.

Thank you for your time
Post edited by RainbowSprinkles on

Replies to: Please CHANCE me for Brown!

This discussion has been closed.