I am an Indian Male.
My GPA is a 3.45 in core academic subjects (Science, Social Studies, Foreign Language, English, Math), with assigning 4 pts for A, 3 Pts for B, and 2 Pts for C. I have one of the 5 hardest schedules in my school. So, this GPA is a bit deflated, in my opinion.
My rank is 99/471, but will go up to about 90/471. This is also due to many schedules that are a lot weaker than mine at a huge suburban, competitive, high-school.
I have a 800 V, 740 M on SAT I
710 Math IIC, 760 Chemistry, and 700 US History.
I recently turned 16 years old, and I am a senior, I hope that helps.
I sent in a CD, and a copy of my research paper on Field Emission. That paper was a big deal...It was at a prestigious lab..blah, blah, blah.
I am an Eagle Scout, so I have a 1000 + Community service hours with that.
I have been a varsity swimmer for 2 years. An avid swimmer for 8 +.
I'm an active Stand-Up Comedian.
I'm on my school's Math and Science, as well as Academic Quiz Bowl Teams. I have some awards and good showings at these. I am captain of two of them.
I used to play piano for about 6 years, but stopped 2 years ago.
I have lots, and lots, and lots of community service, through Boy Scouts, Habitat for Humanity, The Local Library, a Center for Autism and Related Disablities, and coaching sports to low-income kids.
Other Interests, Activities, and Notes
· Member of schools Pep Club (Big Bad Wolves)
· Long interest in Stand-Up Comedy
· Sustained interest in hiking and other outdoor activities
· I have a very strong interest in football and baseball. I was very eagerly awaiting a chance to play on my high-school varsity teams until I suffered an injury that shattered my wrist. However, I still play intramural flag-football, as well as intramural baseball with local high-school students.
· I am very proficient at cooking traditional Indian dishes.
· I am an avid hip-hop enthusiast and DJ. I experiment with making break-beats and cutting records with my friends on weekends.
· I am fluent in Hindi and Telugu. Telugu is spoken frequently in my house, but Hindi is only spoken occasionally. I practice Hindi by watching Bollywood films. This is one of my guilty pleasures.
· During my youth, my family traveled to India, Scotland, Italy, France, and Germany. This travel has been very influential and has been instrumental in giving me a more worldly view.
· I have participated in some research every summer at the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory and The Center for Advanced Power Systems. This research has not been official. I will officially be allowed to participate this summer, as I have just recently turned 16.