Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Subject Tests for CMU

MemeLord88MemeLord88 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
Ok this is going to be a really stupid question and I pretty much already know what kinda answers to expect, but here we go:

I've taken the math 2 subject test and gotten an 800. Our school recommends us to take the classes corresponding to the subject tests. I took Physics 1 sophomore year and was going to take Physics 2 my junior year so I could take SAT physics. However, our school introduced IB Computer Science, and since that's my major of interest, I took that class as well. This resulted in a schedule conflict and I couldn't take Physics 2, so I did IB Business instead, as I plan to minor in Business. Because I wasn't able to take a physics course junior year, I won't be able to prep well for the physics subject test. Is this a valid excuse for being able to not take a science Subject Test? I took regular Biology freshman year and plan to do AP Chem senior year. I know it's probably not lol but why not try to clarify it.

Replies to: Subject Tests for CMU