right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

EA ED deadline by BEFORE Nov 1st or INCLUDE Nov 1st?

whatcanIdowhatcanIdo 14 replies7 threads New Member
edited November 2012 in College Admissions
I am wondering that when any school says that the ED deadline is by Nov 1st, does that mean BEFORE Nov 1st or does it INCLUDE Nov 1st too? Son is applying for Columbia U ED and U of Chicago EA, there are still some things to do.

Will anybody give me an exact answer?

Thank you in advance.
edited November 2012
6 replies
Post edited by whatcanIdo on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: EA ED deadline by BEFORE Nov 1st or INCLUDE Nov 1st?

• drusbadrusba 9678 replies21 threads Senior Member
    11:59 p.m. November 1, not tonight.
    · Reply · Share
  • whatcanIdowhatcanIdo 14 replies7 threads New Member
    @drusba
    Are you sure drusba? Is it by 11:59pm Nov 1st ET? It helps son much. Thank you.
    · Reply · Share
  • SikorskySikorsky 5745 replies106 threads Senior Member
    Of course drusba is sure!

Does the homework that's due Tuesday really have to be turned in on Monday? Does the tax return that's due on April 15 really have to be filed by April 14? Does the report that the boss needs by close of business really have to be in by lunch time?

No. And the application that's due on November 1 doesn't have to be submitted on October 31, either.

Really, it's a silly question. But I do understand why you ask it. I forget sometimes, but the college-application process can make a whole family of perfectly sensible people completely insane.
    · Reply · Share
  • whatcanIdowhatcanIdo 14 replies7 threads New Member
    @sikorsy
    Thank you :)
    · Reply · Share
  • SikorskySikorsky 5745 replies106 threads Senior Member
    Thanks for having a sense of humor about my somewhat prickly response.
    · Reply · Share
  • lioness4lioness4 185 replies5 threads Junior Member
    by the way, columbia has extended deadlines due to hurricane sandy. don't know details but I'm sure info is available
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity