Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How much do SATs and ACTs count????

emyhopeemyhope Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I have already taken my SATs twice and my ACTs once however neither of the scores were high at all. I am one of those people that have a problem with large tests because I always freeze up and become nervous as soon as the test hits my desk. However, I am involved in A LOT of after school activities. I am president of NHS as well as actively involved in many community service opportunities that I have contributed to since Middle School. Seeing that I am going into my senior year I do not enough time to take my SATs or ACTs to a nearly desirable grade.

I guess the golden question is, how do college weigh SATs against other activities that you do outside of school? Yes I have poor test taking skills but am actively involved in many organizations and have a ton of leadership positions. How do the weigh those different parts of the application? Help.

Replies to: How much do SATs and ACTs count????

This discussion has been closed.