Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is my transcript okay? Please help!

jimmylieu173jimmylieu173 Registered User Posts: 109 Junior Member
I have a 4.0 GPA but I have not taken any honors classes my entire HS career (i didn't know we had honor classes until my sophomore year because I was newly transferred) but I'm on my way to take 7 college leveled courses (AP & college classes). Is my transcript good enough for colleges like Emory, Boston college or university, or another top 50 school or will they think I'm a slacker with easy classes? BTW I have a full schedule every year and I've taken plenty of business classes (planning on majoring in business too)

Replies to: Is my transcript okay? Please help!

• rdeng2614rdeng2614 Registered User Posts: 1,818 Senior Member
    So for the first 2 years, did you take honors classes?
    Not taking them is a huge disadvantage as it shows you're not challenging yourself, but if you can succeed with 7 AP's/College classes (Wow that's insane), then it will tell colleges that you are prepared for college level rigor.

I'm imagining that not taking any honors classes would result in a lower class rank as you're not getting any extra points for those tougher classes. Do you know your class rank or a rough estimate?

Also, standardized testing is key. Do extremely well on the SAT/ACT and it will help your case.
  • jimmylieu173jimmylieu173 Registered User Posts: 109 Junior Member
    No I didn't take any honors in my first 2 and I regret it now! Our hs is unweighted so I'm tied at first out of 634 others.
  • trackandfield23trackandfield23 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    So you are currently tied for valedictorian? When you say 7 ap/college classes do you mean 7 every year?
    7 in total hs career
    And yes
  • SternBusinessSternBusiness Registered User Posts: 1,020 Senior Member
    You will be fine. As long as your Junior and Senior year are filled with honors/AP classes you are fine. Honestly taking a lot of AP and Honors is overrated (unless you are absolutely certain that you can achieve an A- or even an A) because they can really hurt your unweighted GPA.
    Oh ok good!! Thank you for ur help!!
This discussion has been closed.