Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Messed up the second semester, will my college acceptance be rescinded

Kmath17Kmath17 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
Hi. Recently, I got accepted to Gettysburg college (got accepted the waitlist). I was thrilled about this, however, there was a problem here. My senior course load includes 4 APs, and for the first semester, I did fine, no failing classes. But to the third quarter, things got tough and I failed my AP computer science class, with a drop in my ap calc bc as well, from a B to a D. For the final quarter, I was able to get my AP comp sci A grade up and I didn't fail, but my AP Calc BC grade this quarter has dropped and I failed this quarter. These two classes are online classes on VIrtual High school and they were really tough to me as I am a more of a traditional class student. The grades for those two classes are all closed so there is nothing I can change about that. I will try to write an email explain the situation, but I don’t know, will I get rescinded for this? Since I was on the waitlist, I am really afraid that the chance of me getting rescinded is higher than other students. Also I am an international student and I got a very generous financial aid package from Gettysburg College.

Replies to: Messed up the second semester, will my college acceptance be rescinded

• TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Registered User Posts: 15,494 Senior Member
    What are the final grades for those courses?
  • Kmath17Kmath17 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    The final average grades of those 2 classes for the year are 71% for AP comp sci, and 78% for AP Calc BC, which means I passed for the year. But still, I am unsure about whether they will take the detail into account
  • privatebankerprivatebanker Registered User Posts: 4,617 Senior Member
    Final grades matter. No d or f. Should be fine.

Call the school if you want to be sure. I’m sure Gettysburg wants you but ask if you don’t want the uncertainty.