right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Same email for CollegeBoard and college applications?

yousolyousol 6 replies2 threads New Member
Do I need to use the same email that I use on CollegeBoard/ACT to apply for colleges? The former is my main email address, so it gets cluttered all the time. I want to create a new account just for college apps, but I don't quite know if it would negatively impact me if it doesn't match up with my CB email.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Same email for CollegeBoard and college applications?

• onthewestfenceonthewestfence 299 replies9 threads Member
    @yousol Set it up to have a dedicated college-related email only. People change addresses so that won't be an issue. Give your parents, if applicable, access to this one in order for other eyes to keep tabs on ongoing activities when things get hectic.
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 2450 replies40 threads Senior Member
    No, they don’t need to be the same.
    · Reply · Share