Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I got rejected by Yale. I'm crushed. Is it possible for me to grovel my way in?

124»

Replies to: I got rejected by Yale. I'm crushed. Is it possible for me to grovel my way in?

• es2642es2642 Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    I do not get how someone can be "crushed" after getting rejected to an Ivy League. You should never set yourself up for a school that is extremely unlikely in the first place.

It's almost like getting your hopes up that your numbers will win in the state lottery, and then being crushed when you lose.

I am sorry, but let this be a lesson to all.....DO NOT EXPECT TO GET INTO A SCHOOL LIKE YALE OR YOU WILL WIND UP WITH A BROKEN HEART!!!!!!!!
  • yourworldyourworld - Posts: 759 Member
    Well said.
    Unless your family just donated a building and they write up and scholarship admission to any Ivy league school is by no mean guarantee. The quicker OP grows out of this the better. You don't I repeat you don't have to graduate from Ivy league school to be successful.
  • urmomgoes2colegeurmomgoes2colege - Posts: 512 Member
    Hey, I have a question. If Yale people need not beg, why is their official mascot a dog?
  • sphairisticsphairistic Registered User Posts: 391 Member
    Two years ago, I applied early to Yale, was deferred, and was then rejected. I was devastated, and it's ended up being the best thing that ever happened to me--I wouldn't be where I am now if I'd gotten in, and I couldn't imagine myself as happy as I am now at Yale. I know everyone hears it and only realizes it in hindsight, but things really do happen for a reason.
124»
This discussion has been closed.