Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I've been suspended twice, so how will that affect my chances at a military academy?

kokokopuffskokokopuffs Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
edited February 2010 in College Admissions
Hi, there everyone this is my first post actually. I'm from NYC, and i attend Stuyvesant high school, which is a pretty good school if I'm not mistaken. During my sophomore year, i was suspended twice. First time was for being in the same general area as someone when he stole another person's wallet, and the other time for riding the elevator with a forged pass.

But lately, I've finally decided on trying to attend West point. The problem is I'm not sure if they'll accept me. I'm a B+ student, (88 average), know some fairly influential people of my ethnicity, and volunteer frequently enough. How do I explain this to them, if they'll even give me a chance to do so?
THAnks.
Post edited by kokokopuffs on

Replies to: I've been suspended twice, so how will that affect my chances at a military academy?

• raimiusraimius Registered User Posts: 2,360 Senior Member
    There should be ample opportunity to explain your situation.
    Remember, Service Academies look for Academics, leadership, and athletics.
    ...they also hold honor and integrity as VERY important.

There is also a specific sub-forum for each, in the Service Academy section...
  • DroughtDrought Registered User Posts: 807 Member
    Hm. I know military academies will not accept you if you have a substance violation, but I'm not sure if those suspensions will affect your admissions chances - they look like fairly minor offenses.
This discussion has been closed.