Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

This is why I never want to marry

2»

Replies to: This is why I never want to marry

• katho11katho11 Registered User Posts: 1,533 Senior Member
    Just because the divorce rate is a certain number doesn't mean your chances at making YOUR marriage work is the same.

There are many people who are very good together and care enough about one another to make things work.

Then there are the ones who either can't or aren't willing to make things work.

Which group you happen to fall into depends entirely on you and your partner...not everyone else. So stop being such a baby about it.
  • plot93plot93 Registered User Posts: 138 Junior Member
    In response to what someone said, I just wanted to point out that not marrying does not necessarily mean living alone. Some people live with friends, with a sibling, or with a companion. Because of my religious beliefs, I would not recommend cohabitating, but many people do. You could also live with a companion in a non-sexual relationship. More and more people are opting for nontraditional living choices. It seems marriage in general is becoming less popular.
  • vio888vio888 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm married and I'm miserable. Take my advice and never get married. Thanks!
    :)
2»
This discussion has been closed.