Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Consider This College Move-Out Strategy

CCEdit_TorreyCCEdit_Torrey Editor Posts: 216 Editor
Moving out from college can be a hassle -- here are some tips to make it easer: https://www.collegeconfidential.com/articles/moving-out-from-college/

Replies to: Consider This College Move-Out Strategy

• UndercrackersUndercrackers Registered User Posts: 845 Member
    I laugh thinking about D's freshman year move-out. One of her roomie's finished her finals earlier in the week (because apparently D is fated to have Friday 6:00 pm finals ALWAYS) and was NOT ready to leave when her mother arrived.
    The two of them spent a considerable amount of time packing up - as a parent, I would not have been pleased. When we made our way up to her dorm room on Saturday, D had boxes (U-Haul mediums, all the same size) packed, taped and ready to go in the hallway.

She knows us well.
  • bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU Posts: 13,685 Forum Champion
    I recall when my DD was moving...I had gone through some episodes of not being packed. I said "text me a picture of boxes". She sent a pix of empty boxes. I said "they need to be full" lol
  • luckymama64luckymama64 Registered User Posts: 217 Junior Member
    We buy those really giant Ziplock bags -- they are wonderful for storage!!
  • bigmacbethbigmacbeth Registered User Posts: 328 Member
    Two words: Frakta
  • bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU Posts: 13,685 Forum Champion
    Giant ziploc bags are also good to squish bulky bedding/pillows for transportation in the car.
  • malibugirlmalibugirl Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    IKEA bags!
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 Registered User Posts: 5,424 Senior Member
    We visited our daughter at Easter and brought back an SUV load of stuff. I know that isn't possible for parents who live far away but honestly we would have been scrambling for either last minute storage options or a dumpster. Her stuff definitely multiplied!