right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Consider This College Move-Out Strategy

CCEdit_TorreyCCEdit_Torrey 36 replies350 threads Editor
Moving out from college can be a hassle -- here are some tips to make it easer: https://www.collegeconfidential.com/articles/moving-out-from-college/
8 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Consider This College Move-Out Strategy

• UndercrackersUndercrackers 878 replies2 threads Member
    I laugh thinking about D's freshman year move-out. One of her roomie's finished her finals earlier in the week (because apparently D is fated to have Friday 6:00 pm finals ALWAYS) and was NOT ready to leave when her mother arrived.
    The two of them spent a considerable amount of time packing up - as a parent, I would not have been pleased. When we made our way up to her dorm room on Saturday, D had boxes (U-Haul mediums, all the same size) packed, taped and ready to go in the hallway.

She knows us well.
    · Reply · Share
  • bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU 14473 replies104 threads Forum Champion
    I recall when my DD was moving...I had gone through some episodes of not being packed. I said "text me a picture of boxes". She sent a pix of empty boxes. I said "they need to be full" lol
    · Reply · Share
  • luckymama64luckymama64 206 replies37 threads Junior Member
    We buy those really giant Ziplock bags -- they are wonderful for storage!!
    · Reply · Share
  • bigmacbethbigmacbeth 766 replies4 threads Member
    Two words: Frakta
    · Reply · Share
  • bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU 14473 replies104 threads Forum Champion
    Giant ziploc bags are also good to squish bulky bedding/pillows for transportation in the car.
    · Reply · Share
  • malibugirlmalibugirl 51 replies1 threads Junior Member
    IKEA bags!
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 9855 replies110 threads Senior Member
    We visited our daughter at Easter and brought back an SUV load of stuff. I know that isn't possible for parents who live far away but honestly we would have been scrambling for either last minute storage options or a dumpster. Her stuff definitely multiplied!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity