Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Roanoke vs Longwood

boblotz2001boblotz2001 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
My daughter is considering these two schools, I'm curious if anyone could recommend one over the other?

Replies to: Roanoke vs Longwood

• packman012packman012 Registered User Posts: 137 Junior Member
    @boblotz2001 i do not know anything about Roanoke, but I am transferring out of Longwood. It wasn't the right fit for me socially, as well as academically. I just didn't find a whole lot of opportunity in Farmville. That being said, I grew up in a city so it was a big adjustment, and have many friends here who love it. The professors are excellent. despite its age, all the buildings here are very nice and up to date, so I had a pleasant experience living in the dorms. Greek life isnt huge, but there is definitely a greek presence and a lot of people are in to that. I do have to say the food is absolutely horrible, but there are enough restaurants around to avid the dining hall.
  • rvalover7rvalover7 Registered User Posts: 402 Member
    ^^ I also do not have any advice about Roanoke, but I have quite a few friends at Longwood. The party scene there is pretty big, with HSC being down the road. Most people I know, there are teaching or biology majors. Farmville is a lovely little town, about an hour from Richmond, VA. I will also say that I have heard the food isn't too good.
This discussion has been closed.