right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, and Student Voices - vol. 3 eBooks NOW!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Narrowing Down My List

kaima7kaima7 1 replies1 threads New Member
I've been looking at a lot of colleges to complete a Bachelor's in Social Work, Education, or a related field. Mostly liberal arts or research universities. I'm currently a sophomore, and found these schools seem to be the best for me when I apply.

- University of Connecticut
- State University of New York at Oneonta
- Eastern Connecticut State University
- Southern Connecticut State University
- Western Connecticut State University
- University of Massachusetts - Amherst
- Western New England University
- Lesley University
- Westfield State University
- Castleton University
- University of New Hampshire
- Plymouth State University
- University of New England
- University of Maine - Farmington
- University of Southern Maine

I want to narrow down to around 11 or 10 colleges, but I'm having trouble. Can anyone give me advice on some schools I could knock off or should avoid. Thank you.
edited August 6
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Narrowing Down My List

• blossomblossom 10563 replies9 threads Senior Member
    Have you run the NPC (Net Price Calculator) for each school? Although it's a way off, once you and your parents determine which of these colleges just are not affordable, that's going to knock a few off.

Do you live in MA or CT?
    · Reply · Share
  • kaima7kaima7 1 replies1 threads New Member
    Live in NJ, but do not plan to for college. I may be living in CT or MA by my Junior Year, based on some family issues surrounding moving, but not sure right now. Definitely will check out the NPCs.
    · Reply · Share
  • PublisherPublisher 11915 replies161 threads Senior Member
    Apply to affordable schools which offer meaningful internships in your field.
    · Reply · Share