right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

letter of rec from CC professors?

Dav123Dav123 6 replies12 threads Junior Member
I plan to go to grad school in the future after finishing up my BA when I transfer. I want to ask for a letter of rec from CC professor and was not sure when/ how to do that exactly when I haven't gotten to the grad school process/ need letter of rec for something specific right now? Should I ask for a general academic LOR and ask if they would update it later? Any advice would be helpful, thank you!
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: letter of rec from CC professors?

• ALFALF 1209 replies32 threads Senior Member
    I think that letters of recommendation are more effective when they are specific: "Based on my experience, John Q. Student's leadership and strong participation in my Macro Economics course demonstrates that he will be highly successful and an asset to your MBA program". I would wait until you are applying for a particular grad school program before requesting a recommendation.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity