right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chances of getting into Cornell?

cooldood1702cooldood1702 4 replies2 threads New Member
edited June 2019 in Cornell University
Hi all, I am currently a rising senior and wanted to gauge my stats right now to see if I could get into Cornell University. My goal is to be accepted into Cornell's undergraduate school of business, and was wondering how I stack up to others who got accepted into Cornell.

I plan on applying binding early decision to Cornell, so that may increase my candidacy.

Personal:
-I am an Indian male with parents who both have doctoral degrees (not sure how this factors in but thought it best to include
it anyway)

Stats:
-SAT: 1530 (took it once, no superscore) 760 RW 770M
-GPA: 4.5
-AP Scores:
Human Geography - 4
Euro - 4
Pending: APUSH, Calc AB, Comp Sci Principles, Physics 1, Spanish Language and Culture, Microeconomics,
Macroeconomics.

Extra-Curriculars:
-Part of School Band (Percussionist)
-Formed my own band (we play at nursing homes for free for senior citizens)
-DECA Vice-President
-Placed as a state finalist for DECA
-Stock Club Treasurer
-Am a member in NHS, National English Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, and Mu Alpha Theta
-Volunteer with a cultural organization
-Interned at a local college for a bio-fuels program
-Won a nationwide contest and lead a team of high school students to India on a 2-week service project to help raise
awareness about nutrition

College Essays: Working on them currently, plan on using my two week service project to India as a main talking point.
Letters of Recommendation: I know I will get outstanding letters of recommendation from my guidance counselor and my DECA adviser, plan on getting one from an English teacher who I have a great relationship with as well.

edited June 2019
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chances of getting into Cornell?

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity